• 1 pound boneless, skinless
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
• 6 whole-wheat tortillas, 8-inch
(or corn tortillas)
• 6 ounces low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 cup chopped tomato
• Cilantro, chopped
• Jalapeno, sliced
1. Freeze chicken 30 minutes until firm and easier to cut. Cut chicken into 1/4-inch strips. Place in a single layer on a plate. Sprinkle both sides of strips with chili and garlic powder.
2. Add oil to a 12-inch skillet. Heat to medium high. Add chicken strips. Cook about 3–5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add bell peppers and onion. Stir and cook until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink. (Heat chicken to an internal temperature of at least 165°F.)
4. Scoop chicken mixture (2/3 cup each) onto tortillas. Top with your favorite toppings.
5. Serve flat or rolled.
*Can replace chicken with 1 can (15 ounces) black beans (drained, rinsed), beef, or pork.
Nutrition Information per Serving: 290 calories, 9g fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 50mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 4g sugars, 21g protein.