Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Serves: 4
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola or vegetable)
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 3 cups brown rice (cooked and cooled)
- 2 cups frozen vegetables (e.g., carrots, peas, corn, mixed veggies, etc.), thawed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray or use 1 tablespoon oil. Add eggs. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until eggs are firm. Set eggs aside on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, if needed, to the skillet. Heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, vegetables, and soy sauce. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in eggs.
Nutrition information per serving:
350 calories, 12g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 140mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 49g total carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 4g sugar, 12g protein. This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu