Serving Size: 1 bar | Serves: 24
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 20 mini pretzels, crushed
- 3/4 cup pancake syrup, maple syrup, or honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine oats, cereal, and crushed pretzels in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Pour syrup or honey into a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir in peanut butter until combined. Microwave for 1 minute more. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour syrup mixture over oat mixture. Stir until completely coated.
- Spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray and pour mixture into pan. Press mixture firmly into the pan using waxed paper or the back of a spoon.
- Allow mixture to cool completely to room temperature. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Nutrition information per serving: 100 calories, 3.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0.5g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 15g total carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 3g sugar, 2g protein
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu