- 1 7.25 ounce package macaroni and cheese mix
- 1 16-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked beef, pork, or chicken
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- Wash hands.
- Cook macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package. After about 5 minutes, add the frozen vegetables and continue cooking until macaroni is tender and vegetables are cooked; drain.
- Return macaroni and vegetables to the pan. Add the meat.
- Stir the cheese sauce mix, milk, and garlic or onion powder together. Stir into macaroni mixture. (Omit the butter/margarine recommended on the package.).
- Cook over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrient information per serving: 360 calories, 5 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 530 mg so- dium, 52 g carbohydrate, 5 g dietary fiber, 5 g sugar, 27 g protein
Recipe courtesy of Spend Smart. Eat Smart.