Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Serves: 8
- Cooking spray or oil for grill grates
- 4 medium ears of corn (husks and silks removed) (or 16 oz. frozen whole kernels, thawed)
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper (seeds removed)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
NOTE: If using frozen corn, skip to third instruction below.
- Spray grill grates with nonstick cooking spray or brush them with oil. Heat grill to 400°–450°F.
- Place corn on the grill and cook 15–20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes until evenly grilled and kernels are tender. Remove corn from the grill and set aside to rest until cool enough to handle. Using a serrated knife, cut corn kernels off cob and place in a large bowl.
- While corn is cooking, whisk together yogurt, garlic, lime juice, and chili powder.
- Add scallions, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, and cheese to corn. Toss with yogurt sauce and season with more chili powder if desired.
Nutrient information per serving:
78 calories, 3g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 9mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 11g total carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 3g sugar, 4g protein
Adapted from Today’s Dietitian