Serving Size: 1 muffin | Serves: 12
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line it with muffin liners.
- Stir oats, milk, oil, and brown sugar together in a medium bowl. Let oats soak in wet ingredients for 10 minutes.
- Stir flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a small bowl. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into the muffin tins. Bake until the muffins are golden and a tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 14–16 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Nutrition information per serving:
170 calories, 8g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 200mg sodium, 23g total carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 10g sugar, 3g protein. This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu