- 1 peach (or 1 cup juice-packed peaches, drained)
- 1 apple (Granny Smith are excellent)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- Wash and chop peach, apple, and berries into small pieces.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve with baked cinnamon chips.
- Serve as a snack, appetizer, or dessert.
- Use a variety of favorite red berries.
- Add 1 Tablespoon brown sugar if desired.
*Enjoy this beautiful red dessert for Valentine’s Day. Serve in a clear glass dish surrounded by cinnamon chips.
Nutrient information per serving 39 calories, .2 g fat, 9.9 g carbohydrates, .6 g carbohydrates, .7 mg sodium, 1.9 g dietary fiber
Serves: 4 (8 chips per serving)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4-8 teaspoons water
- Spoon a small amount of water on flour tortillas (1-2 teaspoons water per tortilla).
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle tortillas with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Cut tortillas into 8 wedges (like a pizza). Place wedges in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 6 minutes.
- Cool and store in air-tight container.
- These can be made in advance and stored.
- Try whole wheat tortillas.
Nutrient information per serving 100 calories, 2.5 g fat, 18 g carbohydrates, 3 g protein, 190 mg sodium, 1 g dietary fiber
Source for recipes: Spend Smart, Eat Smart