Serving Size: 2 balls | Serves: 25
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Mash the beans with a fork in a bowl until smooth.
- Add honey and vanilla. Stir.
- Add peanut butter. Stir until blended.
- Stir in the oats.
- Wash hands. Use a tablespoon to scoop up some of the peanut butter mixture. Shape each spoonful of the mixture into a ball (makes 50 balls).
- Store leftover balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrient information per serving:
130 calories, 7g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 12g total carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 5g sugar, 4g protein
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu.