- 1/2 medium apple
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 (8 inch) whole wheat tortilla
- 2 to 3 tablespoons crispy rice cereal
- Chop apple into small pieces, slice thinly, or shred with grater.
- Spread peanut butter in a thin layer over tortilla.
- Spread apple pieces in an even layer over peanut butter.
- Sprinkle with cereal.
- Roll up tightly and cut in half.
Nutrition information per serving: 150 calories, 6g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 21g total carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 5g sugar, 4g protein.
Recipe courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu.