Serving Size: 1 cup | Serves: 4
- 4 cups popped corn
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash garlic powder
- Mix popcorn and margarine in a bowl.
- Mix seasonings thoroughly and sprinkle over popcorn. Mix well or shake in a clean bag.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving: 60 calories, 4g total fat, 1g saturated fat, Xg trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 7g total carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 0g sugar, 1g protein
Source: USDA, Food and Nutrition Service (FNS), Eat Smart, Play Hard™
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 6 cups air-popped popcorn
- 2 cups chocolate-flavored Chex® cereal
- 2 cups toasted oat ring cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups honey-flavored mini shredded wheat
- Optional: 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or bag.
- Divide into servings using measuring cups.
- Place each serving in individual resealable bags or bowls.
- Decorate each bag or container with ribbon and/or a gift tag.
- Optional: Put a nutrition label on bag or container.
Nutrition information per serving: 110 calories, 1.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 22g total carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 4g sugar, 2g protein
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu