Serving Size: 3 oz. meat and 1 cup of vegetables | Serves: 6
- 2 cups onion, cut in wedges
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 cups baby carrots or 3/4 pound regular carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pound pork loin
- For Rub: 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/2teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix vegetables with 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Lay vegetables around edge of 9”x13”pan. Put in oven.
- Using a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, garlic powder, ground black pepper, and salt in the bowl.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the loin. Press gently so it sticks to the roast. Wash your hands.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add the loin. Brown the sides of meat. Cook about 2–3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pork to the center of the pan with vegetables. Bake for about 40 minutes. Check the temperature after 30 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from oven when meat thermometer reads 145ºF. Let set for 5minutes. Slice and serve.
Nutrition information per serving: 240 calories, 8g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 55mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 19g total carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 7g sugar, 22g protein.