The gardening and preserving season is winding down, but it is never too late to learn about safe home food preservation. Iowa State University Extension and Outreach is offering two online food preservation classes in October.
- Preserve the Taste of Summer: Totally Tomatoes – Learn about canning and freezing tomatoes, salsa, and other tomato products. Canning includes both water bath and pressure canning.
– Thursday, October 8, 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
– Monday, October 12, 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Preserve the Taste of Summer: All About Apples – Learn about canning applesauce and apple pie filling, as well as freezing and drying apples.
– Thursday, October 22, 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
– Wednesday, October 28, 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
These fun and interactive classes will benefit both newbies and experienced home preservers. All sessions are one hour and free of charge. Register on the Preserve the Taste of Summer website (extension.iastate.edu/humansciences/preserve-taste-summer).