Serving Size: 1 cup | Serves: 5
- 5 cups of vegetables cut into uniform sized pieces (carrots, mushrooms, onions, potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips, winter squash)
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola or vegetable)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread vegetables evenly in a single layer on the pan.
- Sprinkle oil on the vegetables. Stir. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, ground black pepper, and salt. Stir.
- Bake for 20-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Bake until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition information per serving:
Nutrition Information per serving: 90 calories, 3 g total fat, 0 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 16 g total carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 2 g protein. This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu