Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 apple (cored and diced)
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped (about 1 rib)
- 1/3 cup light ranch dressing or creamy salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine chicken, apple, and celery in a medium bowl. Add dressing and ground black pepper and stir to coat. Stir in pecans or walnuts, if desired.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Serve on a lettuce leaf; spread on bread, tortillas, or a sandwich; or spoon into a halved tomato or cucumber.
Nutrition information per serving:
170 calories, 6g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 50mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 11g total carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 6g sugar
Recipe courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website, spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu. Visit the site for more information, recipes, and videos.