Serves: 4 | Serving size: 2 fish strips, 1 cup potatoes
- 4 cups potatoes (4 medium)
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 fish fillets, thawed (wild salmon, about 3 oz. each)
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup flour
- The potatoes (chips) take longer to bake. Once they are in the oven, prepare the fish.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Scrub potatoes under running water using a clean vegetable brush. Cut in half and then into 1/4 inch slices.
- Combine potatoes, oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir so potatoes are covered with oil.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking oil spray and lay slices out in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn potatoes over and bake for 15 minutes more (for a total of 30 minutes).
- Cut each fillet into two strips.
- Place cornflakes in a plastic ziplock bag. Crush by rolling a glass over the bag.
- Beat egg and water together in a bowl.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking oil spray. Put flour in a dish. Dip each strip into flour, then egg mixture, then cornflakes.
- Place fish on the sheet and bake in oven for 15 minutes until fish is 145°F or flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition information (per serving): 410 calories, 7g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 63g total carbohydrates, 6g fiber, 4g sugar, 26g protein
Recipe source: Spend Smart. Eat Smart. (spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu/recipes)