- 1 tablespoon oil (canola, olive, or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 can (15 ounces) beans (drained and rinsed)
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (1/2 medium onion)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced (1/2 medium bell pepper)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped (1 medium tomato)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard in a small bowl. This is the dressing.
- Stir beans, corn, onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add avocado just before serving.
- Gently stir to combine.
Serve with tortilla chips or serve as a filling for a tortilla or lettuce wrap.
Nutrition information per serving: 90 calories, 4g total fat, 65mg sodium, 5g dietary fiber, 12g carbohydrate, 3g protein.
Recipe courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu.