- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 pound lean beef or pork, sliced thinly
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 7 cups chopped vegetables or 24 ounces frozen stir fry vegetables, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Create ginger mixture by mixing ginger, garlic powder, soy sauce, and water. Pour 1/4 cup of the mix into a sealable plastic bag and save the rest. Add meat to the bag. Seal the bag and set it in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare brown rice according to directions on the package for 4 servings.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan. When oil is hot, add meat from plastic bag and stir until brown. This will take 1 to 3 minutes. Discard liquid from the bag.
- Remove meat from pan and cover it. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan.
- Add chopped vegetables. Stir and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to the saved ginger mixture and stir until smooth.
- Return meat to the pan when vegetables are tender. Add cornstarch mixture and cook for about 2 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve over brown rice.
Nutrition information per serving: 470 calories, 13 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium, 60 g total carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 27 g protein