Serving Size: 1 popsicle | Serves: 8
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 medium banana, diced
- 2 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours. Run molds under hot running water until popsicles can pull out easily to serve.
Nutrition information per serving: 50 calories, 0g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 25g sodium, 10g total carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 6g sugar, 2g protein
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website. For more information, recipes, and videos, visit spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu.
- 1 peach (or 1 cup juice-packed peaches, drained)
- 1 apple (Granny Smith are excellent)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- Wash and chop peach, apple, and berries into small pieces.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve with baked cinnamon chips.
- Serve as a snack, appetizer, or dessert.
- Use a variety of favorite red berries.
- Add 1 Tablespoon brown sugar if desired.
*Enjoy this beautiful red dessert for Valentine’s Day. Serve in a clear glass dish surrounded by cinnamon chips.
Nutrient information per serving 39 calories, .2 g fat, 9.9 g carbohydrates, .6 g carbohydrates, .7 mg sodium, 1.9 g dietary fiber
Serves: 4 (8 chips per serving)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4-8 teaspoons water
- Spoon a small amount of water on flour tortillas (1-2 teaspoons water per tortilla).
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle tortillas with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Cut tortillas into 8 wedges (like a pizza). Place wedges in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 6 minutes.
- Cool and store in air-tight container.
- These can be made in advance and stored.
- Try whole wheat tortillas.
Nutrient information per serving 100 calories, 2.5 g fat, 18 g carbohydrates, 3 g protein, 190 mg sodium, 1 g dietary fiber
Source for recipes: Spend Smart, Eat Smart