- 4 small frozen tilapia fillets (about 1 pound total)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram or Italian seasoning
- 1 orange
- Defrost and pat tilapia dry with paper towel.
- Put flour, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a plastic bag. Add fillets one at a time and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add fillets to skillet and fry until golden brown on one side (about 2 minutes). Turn fish over, sprinkle with marjoram or Italian seasoning, and finish browning (heat fish to at
- Heat orange for 10 seconds in microwave. Cut in half. Squeeze half the juice and pulp from the orange on the fish. Use the other half for garnish.
- Place fish on a platter. Scrape the pan juices on top of the fish to serve.
Nutrition information per serving:
160 calories, 5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 10g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 4g sugar, 18g protein. Daily Values: 35% Vitamin C, 6% Iron, 4% Calcium.
This recipe is courtesy of ISU Extension and Outreach’s Spend Smart Eat Smart website, http://www.extension.iastate.edu/foodsavings.