Food prices are on the rise, and food pantries are serving more people than ever before. This means food pantries and food banks are in need of donations. If you want to donate to your local food pantry or food bank, here are a few ideas to help get started:
- Ask the food pantry what they need.
- Before donating fresh produce, check to see if refrigeration is available.
- Double check the expiration dates because food pantries will not accept expired food.
- Consider donating your time and/or money.
For more donation tips, check out these two great Iowa State University Extension resources:
- Healthy Food Pantry Donation Guide, store.extension.iastate.edu
- Top 13 Vegetables to Donate to Food Pantries, store.extension.iastate.edu